- 2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Pc
- 2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Download
- 2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Free
- 2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever
- 2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Full
Run the Avast installer. Click the downloaded file at the bottom left corner of your screen. Confirm the installation. Click 'Yes' on the system dialog window to approve the start of your Avast installation. Follow setup instructions. Click the button in the installer window to begin installation.
ThinkMobiles is one of most trusted companies conducting IT & software reviews since 2011. Our mission is to provide best reviews, analysis, user feedback and vendor profiles. Learn more about review process.
We may receive compensation when you click on links. Neither our writers nor our editors get paid to publish content and are fully committed to editorial standards .
Got no Internet but need a best antivirus? No worries, just select the one, download offline version and keep it on your device. For example, Avast Offline Installer. Avast offers two options to install its products, either get them via website or install via offline version without Internet connection. Keep in mind that file size for online installation is much smaller than for offline installation. In this review, we discuss offline installation processes for different Avast products.
Requirements of Avast antivirus aren’t too high in terms of device specifications, all you need is:
- Operating system: Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10)
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 AMD 64, or higher
- Disk space: 1.5 GB free
- RAM: 256 MB, or more
Note that latest versions of Avast antivirus are not compatible with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000. At the same time, it is perfectly fine for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions, excluding RT and Starter editions.
Offline installation process
After downloading the offline.exe file, you can find it in your downloads folder and start the installation process by executing it. Once the file is clicked, a Windows message pops-up informing you that Avast Free Antivirus wants to make changes to your device to be installed, choose Yes. Then a loading screen pops-up and lasts for a while waiting for the program installation procedures to load.
It is noteworthy that offline installation file size is much larger than the online one, it is around 250 MB while the online installation file is only 7.05 MB. Once loaded, the installation wizard appears.
A couple of things that you need to take into account before clicking Install:
- Avast Browser: antivirus will automatically install Avast browser, and it will make it your default one. If you do not want this, uncheck the browser installation option.
- Google Toolbar: In some cases, Avast offers to install Google Toolbar to Internet Explorer as this feature offers translation for non-English websites and forms auto-filling.
- Language Change: Avast lets you change the language if you are not comfortable with English. Go to top-right corner, select and the language will change after installation process is complete.
Avast Free Antivirus enables you to choose from two types of installation:
- Regular installation: includes default products like Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast Cleanup, Avast Browser Cleanup, Avast Passwords, Avast SafeZone Browser and Avast Software Updater.
- Custom installation for advanced users. It gives you the choice to choose what features to install and what not to.
Sometimes Avast offers some additional products like Dropbox and Google Chrome. So, upon choosing which products to install, check the ones you want. Once you click Install, the installation procedures start to execute and a window pops-up showing the progress. You are free to perform any other activities until it finishes.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > uncheck Participate in the Avast community
- Go to Settings > Privacy > uncheck Participate in data sharing
Once Continue is clicked, Avast will ask if you want to setup Avast security products on your Android smartphone or not. If interested, enter your email address to receive a direct download link on your mobile phone. A strongly recommended advice is to restart your computer to finish the installation of Avast offline installer and guarantee full compatibility with other system processes.
Avast Premier: offline installer
Avast Premier is a security suite provided by Avast company. It can do all what Avast Free Antivirus does, but it has some extra premium features. For instance, it provides high security level to user’s webcam against any spying trials. It also searches for latest versions of programs on your device and updates them, blocks phishing sites. The services that Avast Premier offers are as follows:
- Cleanup Premium: It is responsible for getting rid of junk files, cleaning obsolete entries of registry and applying modifications to any inefficient settings of the system.
- Data Shredder: It is responsible for permanent deletion of the folders and the files that you do not want to recover again in the future.
- Driver Updater: This is an independent service with extra subscriptions. It is responsible for downloading and installing official work drivers for any of your device components.
- SecureLine VPN: It is also an independent service that you need to pay extra subscriptions to get it. It is responsible for securing your online presence by shielding your identity, location and IP address.
- SandBox:This feature gives you the ability to run any suspicious software in a sandboxed or shielded environment.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: It is responsible for scanning your network trying to detect any issues that might harm your device. Moreover, it shows all the devices connected with you to the same network.
- Sensitive Data Shield: It is responsible for securing sensitive on your device like payroll and tax documents. This feature secures the sensitive files against any trial of unauthorized access.
- Webcam Shield:Itprevents anyone or any malware from accessing your device webcam to spy upon you.
- Software Updater: Its primary function is to regularly check if all your apps installed on your device are up-to-date or not. If not, it lets you know and asks for a permission to update them.
- Passwords: It is responsible for managing your passwords in a secure way through an encryption process.
Once the download process is over, find the .exe file in your downloads folder and execute it. On clicking the file Windows system will inform that Avast Premier is asking for permission to make changes to PC, check Yes. You can the language if you go to Customize. Note, that installation includes Avast browser, if you don’t want it, un-check the browser installation box.
Once everything is done, Avast Premier will automatically run. It will ask about the networks your device is connected to. If a new network is protected by firewall, it will ask whether it is a public or a private network. Whatever it is, the required protection level is provided by Avast firewall.
The overall offline installation process is simple, no advanced skills or personal information is required. Moreover, no significant differences between offline and online installation. The only difference is the size of files: 7 MB and 258 MB.
Avast Internet Security
Avast Internet Security is one of the security products provided by Avast company. It provides the higher levels of protection compared with free antivirus. It secures user’s online presence which is especially vital when it comes to bank transactions. Furthermore, it is not limited to internet security, it also provides anti-ransomware protection. Find the main features of AIS below.
- Secure Shopping: Avast Internet Security secures your online shopping as it prevents hackers from stealing your information or passwords.
- Sandbox: Avast Internet Security has a sandbox module to run any dubious applications in it avoiding any harms that these apps may cause to your computer.
- Firewall: Avast Internet Security has an advanced firewall module to prevent hackers from accessing your computer.
- Phishing Email Blocking: Avast Internet Security secures you against annoying spam or phishing emails.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: Avast Internet Security scans your network to detect any issues that might harm your device. Moreover, it shows all the devices connected with you to the same network.
- Passwords: Avast Internet Security manages your passwords in a secure way through an encryption process, and it informs you if it detects any weak password.
- Sensitive Data Shield: Avast Internet Security provides extra layer of security for sensitive data on your device.
- Virus Detection: Avast Internet Security detects any virus or malware exists on your device.
The least required device specifications to install AIS in the screenshot below. Note, that itis not compatible with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000 versions.
Once the download process is complete, you get the .exe file, execute it. Click Yes to allow Avast to apply changes to your computer. Choose Customize to select which modules to install. Click Install to start copying the software files to your computer. Several minutes until everything is ready, so do not turn off PC while installation is in progress. Then a message will pop-up asking you to restart your computer.
Avast offline installers – Summary
Products by Avast have proven outstanding performance in securing users’ data. Avast offers complete package of security suites. Avast can secure emails, manage passwords, detect/delete viruses and malware, block phishing sites, detect suspicious apps, secure webcams, update apps, shield sensitive files, etc. The table below summarizes differences between 3 core products of Avast.
|Feature||Avast free antivirus||Avast Internet Security||Avast Premier|
|Avoiding phishing sites||–||+||+|
|Detecting dubious apps||–||+||+|
|Blocking email spams||–||+||+|
|Shield sensitive files||–||–||+|
|Automatic app updating||–||–||+|
|Annual subscription per 1 device||–||$30.00||$35.00|
Offline installers links
- Avast offline installer – Avast Free Antivirus, to keep your device secure from viruses and malware;
- Avast offline installer – Avast Internet Security, to secure online brwosing;
- Avast offline installer – Avast Premier with multiple modules for data security;
Does Avast slow down your computer? If you are looking for the answer to this question, this post is written for you. The answer is yes, and you can know why Avast slows down computer and what you should do to fix the slow PC issues caused by Avast. Also, how to improve your PC is told to you in this post from MiniTool.
Quick Navigation :
To keep the data on the computer safe, most of you choose to install an antivirus program to ensure security by detecting and removing some malicious software and viruses.
On the market, there are many antivirus programs. And as far as we know, Avast is one of the widely used and most reliable apps since it can keep your computer clean and offer help in many ways.
But sometimes you may encounter the issue of the slow computer when using this antivirus program. Then, you ask: is Avast slowing down my computer? Now, get the answer from the following part.
Does Avast Slow Down Your Computer
To some extent, an antivirus can have some influence on the overall speed of your machine.
Since the antivirus program performs automatic scans, the CPU usage can keep constant. While installing a new app or downloading a file from the Internet, Avast can perform a scan.
And it compares the network drive with several known malware signatures and behaviors during each scan. As a result, the list of malware types is growing greatly and the databases that Avast uses are large.
Luckily, the security company has noticed this problem and now they use the provider’s server to power the processes instead of the customer’s. Besides, there are some other reasons for Avast slowing down computer. For example, an additional tool or component that isn’t really needed is installed when you install Avast.
Also, the software can update automatically after turning on your computer. If you choose remote assistance, this can slow down your PC. So, the option should be unchecked when not required regularly.
In a word, the answer to this question “does Avast slow down your computer” is yes. Avast can slow down your computer.
Well then, what should you do if Avast slows down your computer? There are some methods you can find to speed up the computer. Now, let’s see them.
Solutions to Avast Slowing Down PC
Option 1: Load Avast After Windows Services
This is one of the easy and ideal solutions if the slow PC issue is triggered by Avast. Sometimes, this antivirus program and Windows services conflict with each other, leading to PC slowing down.
If you load Avast after Windows services, then everything will turn on after loading Windows. Just follow these steps to do this work.
Step 1: Run Avast Free Antivirus in your system.
Step 2: Click the Menu button to choose Settings.
Step 3: Under the Troubleshooting tab, ensure the option of Delay Avast startup is checked. In some old versions, the option is Load Avast services only after loading other system services.
After selecting the option, Avast services start only after your other computer services have started. Then, it may be helpful to fix Avast slowing down computer.
But this operation can leave your computer unprotected during startup. That is, the PC may get infected during that time. So, use this with discretion.
Option 2: Disable the Background Updates
You should know Avast can impact the computer speed because of its background updates. Avast may start downloading the latest version while you run the PC and want to check something on the Internet.
This behavior can slow down the PC. Besides, this situation can also occur when you are playing the game on the computer or working on the Internet. How annoying it is!
To get rid of this trouble, you can choose to disable the background updates to improve the computer’s performance by following these instructions below.
Step 1: Run this antivirus program on your computer.
Step 2: Go to Menu > Settings > Updates.
Step 3: Under the Virus definitions section, click More options and you can choose Ask when an update is available or Manual update.
If there is an available update, this program will show a notification and you only need to click the Update now button.
Option 3: Free up Disk Space
If your hard drive is full, you should free up the disk space since it can be the reason for Avast slowing down PC.
To get free space, you can choose to delete some unnecessary files, images or videos, remove the Recycle Bin, etc. Here, you can use Avast Cleanup to scan for your computer, find and remove unwanted files.
Option 4: Add the Memory to Computer
Sometimes the issue of Avast slowing down the computer happens since the machine has insufficient memory.
Some old computers have low RAM and memory, so they cannot run the latest and advanced software including Avast. If your computer becomes slow, ensure it has at least 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive to run any new program.
As to memory, you can add RAM to your computer. In our previous post - How to Get More RAM on Laptop—Free up RAM or Upgrade RAM, you can know some tips on getting more memory.
As to the disk, you can choose to upgrade your small disk to a large one. Also, this post - How to Upgrade to Larger Hard Drive Without Data Loss may be what you need.
Some Other Tips to Speed up PC
If Avast slows down the computer, there are some other easy methods you can try to speed up the machine.
Uncheck Avast Community and Data Sharing
Step 1: Run Avast and go to Settings > General > Privacy.
Step 2: Ensure these two options - Participate in the Avast community and Participate in data sharing are not checked.
Switch off the Mail Shield
If you are not using any email client on the computer, you can choose to switch off the Mail Shield. Just go to Settings of Avast to find the Mail Shield component and choose Stop permanently to disable it.
Remove Avast Tools
Avast has many tools that you don’t use. When this antivirus program slows down your PC, you can remove these tools from the PC.
1. Just open Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program under the Programs section.
2. Right-click the Avast tool and choose Uninstall.
How to disable (stop or close), remove (or uninstall) Avast antivirus in Windows and Mac? This post shows you multiple methods for this work.
Now, we have shown you the answer to the question of “does Avast slow down your computer’ and how to fix the slow issue caused by Avast. In the next part, let’s see some common and useful tips to fix the slow PC caused by other reasons.
What to Do If Slow PC Is Caused by Other Reasons Rather Than Avast
Upgrade to SSD
If the Windows is running on an HDD, it may run slowly. If you install Avast, it may be much slower. To get rid of this situation, you can choose to upgrade your disk from HDD to SSD.
How can you do this work? Professional PC cloning software – MiniTool ShadowMaker can be used to clone the hard drive to SSD. At first glance, you find it is a Windows backup software. Also, it can be used for disk upgrade since it offers a feature called Clone Disk.
Now, get MiniTool ShadowMaker Trial Edition by clicking the following button and install it on your computer.
Step 1: Run this cloning software by double-clicking the icon.
Step 2: Go to the Tools window, click Clone Disk.
Step 3: Choose the HDD as the source disk and your SSD as the target disk. Then, click OK and Yes to start the cloning operation.
Step 4: After finishing the clone, shut down your PC, remove the HDD, and install the SSD to the original place. Then, you can boot your PC from the SSD. Just enjoy the fast speed.
Make Sure the OS Is Up-to-Date
If the operating system is too old, the performance of the computer is low. Thus, make sure your operating system is the latest version.
2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Pc
In Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security and click Check for updates in the Windows Update page. Then, Windows will start downloading available updates. Restart the PC to finish the operation.
Uninstall Some Unnecessary Programs
Some outdated programs may lead to errors and incompatibility issues, making the PC slow. Thus, you should uninstall some old and unnecessary programs from the computer.
Fix Disk Errors
If the disk is logically or physically damaged, PC can also slow down. You can use chkdsk to find & fix the logical errors and shield bad sectors. Just run Command Prompt with admin privileges, then type chkdsk x: /f and chkdsk x: /r in turn and press Enter after each one. (X is the drive letter)
A Suggestion: Back up Your Computer
After knowing the answer to the question of “does Avast slow down your computer” is yes, you choose to fix the issue. But some of you may directly remove Avast and don’t use antivirus software. Or you choose to install another antivirus program.
If you keep the PC safe by only the antivirus program, it is not enough since viruses always exist and the program may cannot completely block them. Thus, we have a suggestion for you: back up your important data or create a system image to avoid data loss or system breakdown due to viruses.
To do this work, MiniTool ShadowMaker can also help you. It is useful to back up files & folders, Windows system, disks, and partitions.
2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Download
Here are some related articles:
2017 Avast Free Installer Takes Forever Free
Does Avast slow down your computer? The answer is yes. And in this post, you know how to fix Avast slowing down PC, some tips to speed up your PC, and a suggestion to protect the machine.
If you have any idea about this topic or have any question when using our software, leave it to the Comment part or send an email to [email protected].