Having an electric vehicle (EV) means you can drive a great car, loaded with innovation with zero tailpipe emissions. And, with a 100% battery EV, you’ll never need to fill up with petrol again. Access to an EV charger - at home or at work - means you can make the most of the most convenient, low-cost energy tariffs, created with the EV driver in mind.
- Are Electric Car Charging Free
- How Much Does It Cost To Install An Electric Car Charging Point
- Free Electric Car Charging Installation Service
- Electric Car Charging Points Free Installation Uk
- Free Electric Car Charging Installation Software
- Free Electric Car Charging Installation Companies
Getting an EV charging point installed at home means you’ll be able to plug in overnight, every night, and ensure your electric vehicle is always topped up. Smart charge points mean we are able to charge at the best times for you; whether that’s when electricity is cheapest, or even when it’s greenest. We'll help you find the right charger, and get it installed quickly and efficiently.
The good news is that when you buy an EV or a plug-in, many electric utilities offer incentives that cover the cost of a charger and its installation. So, hiring a pro to do the work not only is. I would like to purchase a charging station during 2020 and take the tax credit as I fill out my tax forms in early 2021. My question is: Can one take the credit for installation of a charging station if the vehicle being charged is not a full EV, but is a EV-series hybrid vehicle? However, that speed is limited by your vehicle’s charging capacity, or how quickly your car can absorb the charge. Every electric car has a maximum charging capacity, usually between 3.3 and 10.
Access to EV chargers at your workplace means you can plug in while you’re at work. If you’re on the road a lot, this means it’s a great opportunity to top up between trips. Or, you can keep your car topped up while you're in the office all day. We can get the best EV charging set up for your business, for your staff and your customers.
Octopus Energy Services have got the expertise and experience to install electric vehicle chargers at home or at your workplace.
If you're looking to get an electric car, but don't know where to start, check out Octopus Electric Vehicles. OEV will help demystify the world of electric cars, answer all your questions, and find a great deal on the right car for you.
Getting your EV charged up at home is easier with Octopus Energy Services. We'll take the hassle out of choosing a charger, and getting it installed.
Charging an electric car at home is convenient, and can help you make big savings. It's possible to charge a car with a 3-pin plug, but getting a home charger will provide you with a much quicker and safer option.
Are Electric Car Charging Free
All cars are different, but very roughly, an electric car plugged into a standard 3-pin 3kW plug will charge at around 50% the speed of even the slowest dedicated EV chargepoint.
A £350 government grant is available for home EV chargers (this discount is included in the prices you'll see). In order to be eligible you'll need to demonstrate:
- You're the responsible driver/registered owner/keeper/ of a battery electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- You'll be getting your charger installed at your own off-street parking space.
- You've not previously claimed for the grant.
- The installation can't be more than 4 months before you take delivery of the car.
Octopus Energy Services can install your electric vehicle charging point easily and safely. And we'll help you find the right one for your home.
We're approved by OLEV to install EV chargers for all types of electric cars. Whether you have a pure EV, a Plug-in Hybrid or any other type of plug-in vehicle, we can install the right charger for you.
Getting an electric car charger with Octopus is simple; you'll need a few things to hand, grab your smartphone and click on the link below; this will take you through the process. (Don't worry, you can save and come back to it at any time).
Choose your charger
- You can choose from a range of smart electric car chargers, all of which pair brilliantly with Octopus Energy's smart tariffs.
Fill in your details
- Our application process is designed to work perfectly on your mobile.
- You'll need to take some photos (like where the charger will go, and some parts of your electrical set up)
- (You'll need to accept our T&Cs)
- This captures the right information to help claim the government charging grant (saving £350 off the cost of an install).
- It will also help us understand how easy (or otherwise) the installation will be.
- We'll be in touch to go through any questions, finalise any details, and to arrange the best date and time for your install.
- Installing your charging point should take around 4 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less).
- We'll let you know when we're on our way.
- We'll also observe all relevant COVID-19 safety protocols (e.g. wearing face masks) to make sure you're safe.
- Your engineer will do a site inspection, and work out the logistics of the job (such as the best route for the cabling, and where they'll need to drill through).
- Your power will need to go off for a little bit - your engineer will let you know when. (Also, best to warn everyone that this means the Wifi will be out for a bit).
- Once it's installed your engineer will run you through how to use the charger, and the App for the best experience.
When you're applying for an EV charger, you need to provide a lot of information (this is to ensure you can claim the £350 government grant, and also to help ensure our engineers are fully prepared for the job).
To avoid delays completing the application form, we recommend you have the following things to hand:
- Details of your vehicle, such as make, model, registration number, estimated delivery date (if you've not yet collected your car), and proof of ownership.
- Your phone, to take pictures. The application will ask you for a few pictures (of where the charger will be going, and your fuse board so be ready to provide these when prompted.
A statement from your energy provider, to provide information around your energy usage and MPAN number.
All homes are different, and there are challenges on any job. A 'standard' installation will consist of:
- The fitting of the charger on a brick or plaster wall, (or other suitable permanent structure).
- Routing of the cable through 1 x drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm thick (where required).
- Up to 15 metres of High Tuff cable, run and clipped to the wall between the consumer unit and the EV charger, up to a height of up to 1.8m.
- All electrical connections at the origin of the supply and the charging unit.
- Type A RCD in metal Consumer Unit.
- Up to 3 metres of plastic conduit or trunking to conceal interior wiring.
- Electrical testing and NICEIC Certification.
- Where necessary, installation of an earthing unit (e.g. Matt:E or Garo brand)
- Demonstration of the Charge point functions and App.
If your installation involves more than this (for example, having to drill through more walls), it may cost a little more.
We'll ask for photos during the application process; this is to ascertain whether your installation may require extra work. If this is the case, we'll provide you with a no-obligation quote for the additional work. All of our engineers are qualified and experienced electricians. They're keen to provide support and guidance before the job goes ahead.
I’ve got my new smart charger, what now?
So now you’ve got your smart charger there are a few things you can do to make the most of it.
Get connected to the App: Each smart charger can connect with its own App. This means you'll be able to make the most of all the functionality, and control everything from your sofa (or driver's seat). Your Octo-engineer probably showed you how to use it, but if you need to get the App, download the app that corresponds to your charger below.
Get on the right tariff: Being able to charge at the right time is the first step. Make sure you're paying the right price for when you charge with an energy tariff created just for electric car drivers. Find out what tariff works best with your charger below.
Once your charger's installed, if you have any questions, get in touch.
'Small is huge'
- Download the myWallbox app for iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad)
- Download the myWallbox app for Android (Google, Samsung phones etc)
Get the most from your charger:
We think that the Wallbox Pulsar works best with OctopusGo, giving you four hours of super cheap electricity every night.
'The world's smallest smart charger'
- Download the app for iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad)
- Download the app for Android (Google, Samsung phones etc)
Get the most from your charger:
We think that the EO Mini works best with OctopusGo, giving you four hours of super cheap electricity every night.
'Brilliant with OctopusAgile'
- Download the Ohme app for iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad)
- Download the Ohme app for Android (Samsung, Google and other non-Apple phones)
Get the most from your charger:
We think that the Ohme Charger works best with OctopusAgile, matching charge periods with dynamic half hourly pricing.
How Much Does It Cost To Install An Electric Car Charging Point
Having a vehicle charging point at work is incredibly convenient. It's a great resource for your staff, your fleet, your visitors and your customers. It demonstrates your company's commitment to making a difference.
And Octopus Energy Services can get you and your business plugged in and ready to go. We're installing charge points into office locations, car parks, and anywhere where electric vehicles can be parked, across the country.
Getting charging points installed in workplaces is something that the Government is encouraging employers to get behind: the Office for Low Emission Vehicles' Workplace Charging Scheme, can reduce the cost of installation by up to 75%.
We've got a team of EV Chargepoint installers and experts who can advise you about the best way to take advantage of government grants, and help you to design and install charging solutions that best serve your business, your employees, and your customers.
Why Choose Octopus?
We’ll help you choose the right charging solution for your business, and help you find the best energy solution too, all backed by 100% renewable electricity. Our team are dedicated to delivering great charging solutions, great service and great support.
Guiding you through the Workplace Charging Scheme
The government's Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher-based scheme designed to provide eligible applicants with support towards the upfront costs of the purchase and installation of EV charging points. The scheme enables support of up to 75% of the purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £350 for each socket, for a maximum of 40 chargers across all sites for each applicant.
The application form can be accessed here.
The voucher will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
Once we've installed your charging point(s), we will then claim the grant from OLEV on your behalf.
How it works
Our team of experts can help you every step of the way. We'll guide you through the key phases of getting charge points installed at your workplace:
- We'll carry out a Site Survey & Electrical Inspection
- Capacity and energy Consumption Profiling
- Charging Capability and Aesthetic Requirements
Workplace Charging Scheme grant application
- You complete your application
- This will generate your voucher
- We’ll submit evidence of installation and claims grant
- You confirm claim information
- We collect grant on your behalf
- We get approval from your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) for installation
- Risk Assessment and Approval from Site Landlord
- Installation of Chargers
- Install and energise your chargepoint
- Declaration of the installation costs and provision of photographic evidence
If you're looking to get EV chargers installed in your business, get in touch and we can get things moving.
To claim £350 off the cost of your new home charging point, simply order it with us. We do all the hard work. All you need to do is provide us with your relevant documentation and our team will submit the application on your behalf. If you qualify, the full grant amount will be deducted from the total cost of your installed home charger.
The OLEV grant is £350.
It's worth noting that you need to fulfill a few criteria in order to receive the grant, such as having off street parking, proving proof that you own an electric vehicle and confirming that you’ve never claimed the grant on this vehicle before (this is all in the application process)
Please note that you will need to have a car delivery scheduled within 4 months of your charge point installation in order to be eligible for the grant. Click here to be taken to an online application form where you can get started.
Non-standard installations normally require more materials or time, and may incur an additional cost as a result. Once you place your order, we'll be in touch to get a better understanding of your requirements and we'll produce a no obligation quote for the additional works.As we take the payment up front, if you decide not to go ahead we will refund the full costs.
We are now including a Matt:E device. This negates the need for an earth rod when fitting your charging unit at your home. The device meets the latest wiring regulations in place and is part of our standard installation package which covers the majority of homes in the UK.
Free Electric Car Charging Installation Service
If you aren't sure whether you come under our standard installation scheme simply get in touch with us [email protected] and our team of experts will be happy to discuss the best solution for your installation.
We do, and you can find our T&Cs here.
At the moment the only way to pay is through BACS transfer (credit/debit card payment is coming soon).
Our account details are:
Account Name: Octopus Energy Services
Sort Code: 40 05 30
Account Number: 84601823
Electric Car Charging Points Free Installation Uk
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window
Investing in EV charging is more affordable than you think. Governments and utilities offer an array of tax credits, rebates and grants that can help put you on the road to a more sustainable future.
Free Electric Car Charging Installation Software
To find out what incentives you qualify for, simply select the type of product you're interested in and choose your location from the dropdown menu below.
Step 1 - What are you interested in?
Step 2 - Tell us where you are:
Free Electric Car Charging Installation Companies
Home EV Charging Incentives in Rhode Island
- Starting April 1, 2021, Clearview Energy is offering free EV charging daily from 11 PM to 6 AM (Sunday – Saturday) and a $100 rebate for ChargePoint Home charger when you sign up for a CLEARCHARGE12EV Clearview Energy Plan. For more details call 1-800-654-8114.