- How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Server
- How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Download
- How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Windows 10
2) Install the plugin for cPanel: # yum -y install letsencrypt-cpanel. 3) Now you can log in to your cPanel account and install your first SSL certificate. Installing certificate. Login to your cPanel account and click on “Lets Encrypt for cPanel” button for accessing the domains to install the certificate. Towards the bottom of the page. Click on Manage SSL Sites under the Install and Manage SSL for your website (HTTPS) menu: Note: Some hosting providers do not have the option Manage SSL Sites in their cPanel (ex.: Hostgator, Godaddy, etc.). In this case it might be necessary to contact the hosting provider directly for performing the installation process or locating the exact.
To install Free SSL certificate on your website using our cPanel bundle with your web hosting package, follow this guide.
Step 1 – Generate SSL certificate from LetsEncrypt.
- How to automate (auto renew & install) Free SSL Certificate in cPanel SHARED hosting. Free SSL Certificate issued by Let's Encrypt.' FreeSSL.tech Auto' (https.
- For automatic installation of free SSL certificate, you need the SSL installation feature enabled for your cPanel account. Case 1: This app uses cPanel API to install free SSL certificates. So, if your web hosting control panel is NOT cPanel and you have an option to install SSL certificate, this app doesn’t install SSL.
To generate SSL certificate, we recommend you to go to https://www.sslforfree.com, which uses LetsEncrypt system to generate free SSL certificate for you.
Enter your website URL in the textbox and click “Create Free SSL Certificate”.
Step 2 – Website Owner Verification
Now, you need to verify if you are the owner of this website using one of the three methods.
We will use “Automatic FTP Verification” for this guide as its the most easiest way to do it.
In the next step, enter your FTP information as provided in the welcome email.
Now click on “Download Free SSL Certification”.
Step 4 – Creating Account
In next step, sslsforfree.com will ask you to create an account. We strongly recommend that you create an account because LetsEncrypt SSL certificates expires in 3 months (Why?). You can buy SSL certificates from us which has expiry date of 1 year.
Next, click on Download All SSL Certificate Files. This will download a zip file containing three files.
Step 5 – Installing SSL Certificate in cPanel
Login to your cPanel control panel using the login information provided in welcome email. Search for SSL certificate.
Next, click on “Manage SSL Sites”.
Select the Domain in which you want to install the certificate (in our case freessl.cmslauncher.cloud) and then copy / paste certificate, private key and ca bundle file contents in the three text boxes.
Next, click on “Install Certificate”
You will now get a confirmation – SSL Host Successful Installed.
Step 6 – Open your SSL Website
Now, enjoy your SSL certificate, FREE of cost! (notice that green symbol of security?).
Step 7 – Try out CMS Launcher
All our plans have FREE SSL certificate included. Look at our Shared Hosting packages page for more information.
Starting From $2.50* a month
FREE SSL certificate included
How to install Free SSL Certificate on cPanel
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL stands for “Secure Socket Layer”. it’s a security protocol which establishes an encrypted secure connection. If you wish to established an SSL connection on your web server you will required an SSL Certificate.
SSL provides a secure getway for online business, payments, and services to opperate hassle-free. As it uses encryption the chances of leakage confidential information will be rare due to this it also helps to keep safe from threat attacks. Being, a good webmaster your job is to minimize the probable chances of threat attacks. Hence, must take necessary things into account to keep your website secure, trusted and more reliable. By making use of SSL service we can secure our website’s and installation of ‘SSL certificate’ is “absolutely FREE!!!”.
1. Provide security to your website using free SSL certificate service:-
To activate SSL service, Login into cPanel after loging now go to Security Section and click on SSL/TLS Status. After going through these options as a result your window will look like given below window:
This allows you to view, upgrade, or renew your Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate. You can also view useful information about each domain for example types of certificate that secure the domain or when certificate gets expired.
2.Manage AutoSSL domains:-
AutoSSL is activated by default in your hosting account as it automatically installs and renews cPanel/Comodo certificates for each domain in cPanel. AutoSSL performs an automatic check of all domains. It also automatically installs new or renew the already installed cPanel certificates.
How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Server
3. Edit the .htaccess file for redirecting your URL:-
How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Download
The .htacess file contains certain instructions that tell the server how to behave in some scenarios and that directly affect to your website functions. Click on file manager icon and then go to public_html and find .htaccess file. Add this code into the .htaccess file for redirecting your URL for www and https.
4. Installation of SSL certificate completed:-
How To Install Free Ssl In Cpanel Windows 10
Once you have done with the all settings of SSL/TLS, you can see the installation of SSL certificate. You need to enter your subscription name and file name on another tab you can see there is URL contain with “https” with a secure lock. As a result we can see we have completed the successful installation of SSL.