A free 30-day Ring Protect Plus Trial is included with any Ring doorbell or camera purchase unless you are already subscribed to a Plus Plan at the same location of the new device. You can choose to subscribe to Ring Protect at any time to save, review and share all videos and photos captured by your doorbell or camera, and you will be charged. Ring Protect is a comprehensive service that activates video recording, saving and sharing for your Floodlight Cam Wired Pro, plus a few extra perks. There are two tiers of Ring Protect: Basic and Plus. Ring Protect Basic activates video recording and sharing for individual Ring Doorbells and Cameras. If you’re installing a Ring Video Doorbell Pro, you can skip this step. Once you have your Ring unboxed, locate the battery and plug it into power using the included charging cable. We’ve learned that it can be tricky to get the battery out of the Ring 2 because it’s designed for easy pop-out after the doorbell has alre.
There are lots of different smart video doorbells available today. Many of these products need to be connected to your doorbell’s existing wiring. But what if you don’t have a doorbell? Don’t worry. You can still enjoy the convenience and security that a smart doorbell brings without any current wiring. Here’s how to install a Ring doorbell without an existing doorbell, and how to charge your doorbell.
Without wiring, your Ring doorbell will not have a power source. Therefore, the first thing that Ring recommends you need to do is fully charge the battery.
2 days ago One of Ring's simplest cameras. It's super easy to set up pretty much anywhere. It is battery operated for a wire-free installation, too. Hear and speak with anyone the camera picks up using an app on your phone and do it from anywhere in the world. See our helpful DIY guides to set up Ring doorbells, security cams, alarms, and other devices; or connect with one of our trusted professional installers for a worry-free setup. Get a free Security Yard Sign when you spend $199.
Ring Spotlight Cam Wire Free
How to Charge a Ring Doorbell
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the Ring doorbell.
- Plug the Ring doorbell battery to a power source using the orange USB cable. The battery will be fully charged if the light on top turns green, and there is no orange light.
- Insert the battery back into the Ring device.
The battery should last at least 6 months,depending on how often the doorbell is used. To avoid downtime, you canpurchase a 2nd battery to keep as a replacement.
How to Install a Ring Doorbell without an Existing Doorbell
Now that you know how to charge your Ring doorbell’s battery, you can proceed to installing the doorbell. Follow the steps below:
- Insert the level tool into the front of your Ring device. You will need to do this before you add the faceplate. The level tool is included in the Install Tools box. It is a small orange bar with some fluid inside.
- Using the level tool, position the Ring Doorbell where you want it installed. You want the device to be around 4 feet off the ground (at chest height). The bubble in the level tool should be dead center.
- Mark off the mounting holes using a pencil. This step is only necessary if you are installing your Ring video doorbell on stucco, brick, or concrete. For this kind of installation, you will need to use the provided bit to drill a hole into your wall. Then insert the provided anchors into the holes.
- Screw your Ring doorbell into the wall.
- Place the faceplate on the Ring video doorbell. Insert the top of the faceplate at an angle and slot it into place until it clicks. Make sure that you remove the level tool first.
- Tighten the security screws by the bottom of the doorbell. Use the screwdriver and star-shaped security screw provided to tighten the faceplate into place.
Note: Before you install your doorbell, make sure that you download the app and set up your Ring doorbell account first.
Now that you know how to install a Ring video doorbell without an existing doorbell, check out our guide on how to boost your WiFi signal, so it can reach your device.