Install the Web Platform. Web PI automates the discovery and installation of the Microsoft Web Platform, which includes the Web Server, Frameworks and Runtimes, Database, and Tools sections. In version 3.0, the Microsoft Web Platform also installs the latest 5.2 and 5.3 versions of PHP. Download Web PI. WebPI starts up on the 'Spotlight' tab. Download ARR 3.0. Web Platform Installer (WebPI) / x86 installer / x64 installer; Installing ARR 3.0 manually. ARR depends on URL Rewrite. Ensure URL Rewrite is installed prior to installing ARR. Alternatively, use the Microsoft Web Platform Installer link instead which installs the ARR and its dependency in the right order. I have a server that's behind a Windows 2012 firewall without Internet access. I need to install PHP on it, and would prefer to use the Web Platform Installer if possible.
- Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download Windows 10
- Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download Windows 7
- Web Platform Installer 3.0 free. download full
- Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0 full. download free
- Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download
Publisher:Publisher Listed Programs
Release Date: 2014-04-30
Submit Date: 2014-04-30
OS: Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7
The Web Platform Installer (WebPI) is a simplified download/install experience for all of Microsoft's free web products. It includes everything that you need to get up and running to build your web solutions – from servers, tools, and technologies, including the most recently updated products.
You can also choose from your favorite Web applications and Web PI will download and install not only the application, but the dependencies you need to run that application letting you get started more quickly and easily.
Web PI always contains the most recent products of the Microsoft Web Platform so you no longer need to visit multiple sites, just launch Web PI to see what is new.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2008;Windows Vista Service Pack 2;Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Internet connection
This article describes how to install and configure WordPress 3.0.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2 by using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) version 3.0.
The Web PI is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform—including Internet Information Services (IIS), MySQL, the Microsoft .NET Framework, and Visual Web Developer—quick and easy. The Web PI also lets you install web applications such as WordPress with the built-in Windows Web App Gallery.
To install WordPress on IIS 7.0 by using the Web PI 3.0, follow these steps:
The supported operating systems for the Web PI 3.0 are Windows 7, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later versions, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and later versions.
For this guide, it is assumed that you have Windows Server 2008 R2 installed on your computer. You will also need an Internet connection and administrator privileges for your computer.
It is a good idea to confirm that your system meets the hardware requirements for IIS 7.0. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc268240.aspx for more information.
Step 1. Install the Web Platform Installer 3.0
In this step, you begin to install the Web PI 3.0, which is a 1.3 MB download.
- Log on to Windows Server 2008 R2 as a user who has administrative privileges.
- Start Windows Internet Explorer.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx, and then click Download It Now.
- Click Run.
- Click Run again.
- Wait a few seconds for the Web PI 3.0 to start.
Step 2. Select the products and applications to install
In this step, you select the version of WordPress that you want to install. WordPress 3.0.3 is used in this guide.
- Next to WordPress, click Add.
Note: If WordPress is not in the items list, click Applications in the left navigation pane.
- Click Install.
Step 3. Review and configure the selected products and applications
Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download Windows 10
In this step, you review and configure what you have added. Additionally, you add the database, name the MySQL database, and name the WordPress 3.0.3 site.
- When you are asked which type of database you want to use, leave MySQL selected.
Note: This will install MySQL 5.1 for Windows to handle all the database transactions that are required by WordPress.
- In the list, select Install it on my machine, and then click Continue.
- Scroll down to confirm that all the following items have been automatically included as dependencies:
- IIS 7.0
- PHP 5.3.5
- IIS URL Rewrite 2.0
- Windows Cache Extension 1.1 for PHP 5.3
- MySQL 5.1 for Windows
Note: Windows Cache Extension is used to increase the speed of PHP applications that are running on your web host. IIS URL Rewrite allows “Pretty Permalinks” to be enabled for WordPress.
- Review the files to be downloaded and installed, as well as the license agreements, and then click I Accept.
- Specify a password for the MySQL administrator user name (root), and then click Continue.
Note: It is important to remember this password because you will be asked for this password in the steps that follow.
- Allow the Web PI installation to complete.
- In the Web Site box, leave Default Web Site selected.
- In the ‘WordPress’ application name box, type a name for the WordPress 3.0.3 site, and then click Continue. For example, type myWordPress.
- Leave Create new database selected.
- Type the database administrator user name (root) and password.
Note: This account is used to create and manage the database that is needed for WordPress.
- Type the database user name.
Note WordPress will use this account to access and write to the database as needed.
- Type the password for the database user name.
- Leave the default database server name, localhost.
- You may customize the name of the WordPress database as desired.
- Use the WordPress key generator at http://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/ to generate four unique keys, and then copy the keys into the following fields:
- Unique Key for Passwords
- Unique Key for Secure Passwords
- Unique Key for Authentication
- Second Unique Key for Authentication
Note: You will not be required to recall these keys later.
- Click Continue.
- Click Finish.
- Click Exit to close the Web PI 3.0.
Step 4. Complete the installation and configuration
Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download Windows 7
In this step, you complete the installation.
- Switch to Internet Explorer.
- Go to your WordPress website. For example, go to http://localhost/myWordPress.
- In the Site Title box, type the name of your site.
- In the Password, twice boxes, type a password for the admin account.
- In the Your E-mail box, type the email address for the admin account.
- Click Install WordPress.
- Click Log In.
- Type admin, type the password, and then click Log In.
Web Platform Installer 3.0 free. download full
Step 5. Enable clean URLs (Pretty Permalinks)
In this step, you enable Pretty Permalinks now that WordPress has been installed.
Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0 full. download free
- In the Dashboard menu, click Settings.
- Scroll down, and then click Permalinks.
- Under Common settings, select a common Permalink setting or select Custom Structure to create your own Permalink, and then click Save Changes.
- Click in the gray text field, press CTRL + A, and then press CTRL + C.
- Start Notepad as an administrator. To do this, click Start, type notepad in the search box, right-click Notepad in the list of results, and then click Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
- In Notepad, press CTRL + V to paste the code that you copied from the WordPress configuration page.
- Click File, and then click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, browse to C:intepubwwwrootmyWordPress.
Note: This step assumes that you named the WordPress site myWordPress during installation. If you used a different name, use that name instead of myWordPress.
- In the File name box, type web.config.
- In the Save as type box, click All Files.
- Click Save, and then close Notepad.
Web Platform Installer 3.0 Free Download
The installation is now complete, and you are ready to use WordPress!