Cost to Install Window Shades - Notes and General Information
These estimates are for BASIC work performed in serviceable conditions by qualified trade professionals using MID GRADE materials. Work not mentioned on this page and/or work using master craftsman, premium materials and project supervision will result in HIGHER COSTS! Explore the full range of cellular shade new installation labor options and material prices here.
These estimates are NOT substitutes for written quotes from trade professionals. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for accurate assessments of work required and costs for your project - before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material / equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site.
- Costs to prepare the worksite for Window Shade Installation, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials and components.
- Labor setup time, mobilization time and minimum hourly charges that are commonly included for small Window Shade Installation jobs.
Look at your window and decide if you want to mount the blinds on the inside of the window frame (jamb) or outside and/or above the window frame. Inside-mounted blinds look tidy and that’s the way to go in most situations. Outside mounted blinds cover up part of the frame and the mounting bracket holes will show if the brackets are removed at. The Shade Store will cover up to $2500 in products and optional professional installation fees. Any amount over $2500 is the sole responsibility of the sweepstakes winner. The winner must place his/her order by November 27, 2021, or this offer will expire. Window blinds and shades are a stylish and functional addition to any home. First, they protect against sunlight that can shine through windows and damage the soft surfaces in your home. Second, much like accent pillows and lamps, blinds and window shades play a big part in the look and feel of any room.
The cost estimate does NOT include:
Window Shade Free Installation Near Me
- Costs for removing, relocating, repairing, or modifying existing framing, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems - or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes.
- Costs for testing and remediation of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc).
- General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Window Shade Installation. Add 13% to 22% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project.
- Sales tax on materials and supplies.
- Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) required by your local building department for your overall project.
These revolutionary window treatments combine the beauty and functionality of a cellular shade with safe cordless operation and can be installed in as little as 30 seconds. Simply push down on the end of the shade, stick it in your window frame and the spring-loaded tension rod will lock into place – no tools or drilling necessary. Top 5 Window Treatment Professionals near you. Elements Interiors & Window Fashions. Unbelievably professional. These two really know what they're doing are kind, full of integrity and very precise. Fantastic service. Lloyd's Window Coverings and Installation Services.
References - Window Shade Installation
- Product and Supplies Data: Lowes Cabinets Lowes , Apr 2021, Website
- Product and Supplies Data: Home Depot Cabinets Home Depot, Apr 2021, Website
- Product and Supplies Data: Lowes Moulding and Millwork Products Reeb Millwork, Apr 2021, Website
- Product and Supplies Data: Home Depot Moulding and Millwork Products Home Depot, Apr 2021, Website
- Carpentry,4th Edition Amer Technical Pub; 4th edition, Sep 2003, Leonard Koel, ISBN 826907385
- The Building Estimator's Reference Book , Mar 2012,
- Carpentry and Building Construction, Student Text Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6th edition, Jan 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork MacMillan Publishing Company; 5 Revised edition, Jul 1989, John Feirer, ISBN 25373552